National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has revised multiple Textbooks for Class 10-12. Following this, few prominent chapters of all the boards including CBSE, UP and other state board which follow NCERT textbooks would be changed.
This includes the removal or revision of chapters from:
1. Class 12 History ‘Themes in Indian History-Part II’ no longer includes chapters on ‘Kings and Chronicles; the Mughal Courts (C. 16th and 17th centuries)’.
2. Class 12 Civics book, two chapters (‘American Hegemony in World Politics’ and ‘The Cold War Era’) has been removed.
3. Class 12 Polity, The ‘Indian Politics after Independence’ has removed the two chapters ‘Rise of Popular Movements’ and ‘Era of One Party Dominance’.
4. Class 11 textbook ‘Themes in World History’ no longer includes chapters like ‘Central Islamic Lands’, ‘Clash of Cultures’, and ‘Industrial Revolution’.
5. Class 10, ‘The ‘Democratic Politics-II’ textbook has undergone changes, including the removal of chapters on ‘Democracy and Diversity’, ‘Popular Struggles and Movements’, and ‘Challenges of Democracy’.
But even after these major changes , Class 10 History book , “India & the Contemporary World-II” has shocking misinformation in it.
Especially, in Chapter 2 “Nationalism in India“, Page 43 where it defines
the term “Sanatanis” as “Conservative High Caste Hindus” .
This definition is direct misinformation as even by Wikipedia‘s biased Hinduphobic standard the term Sanatani refers to people incorporated into Hindu Duties.
The original Sanskrit meaning of Sanatana Dharma refers to ‘Sanatana’ which means Eternal and Dharma refers to the natural law which keeps the entire Cosmos in order.
Thus, NCERT’s mischievous reference to Sanatanis to “conservative high caste Hindus” is not only not found anywhere but also highly misleading and not based on any sound evidence nor logic.
Also, the word “Caste” is a British Construct, as the Hindu Varna system never divides society on the basis of ascription but only on merit & achievements; as in Bhagavad Gita Chapter 18 Shloka 41,
” ब्राह्मणक्षत्रियविशां शूद्राणां च परन्तप |
कर्माणि प्रविभक्तानि स्वभावप्रभवैर्गुणै: || “
Translation: The duties of the Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas, and Shudras—are distributed according to their qualities, in accordance with their guṇas (and not by birth) .
The Central Government’s current action of revising NCERT textbooks as mentioned above would be unfruitful without correction of this obnoxious definition of “Sanatanis” so that Bharat’s children are not further misguided by this disinformation spread in the NCERT’s Class X history textbook.
We must remember that Bharat’s existence owes its survival to the Sanatanis which includes every living being on this soil who holds Prakruti as Divine.
Article appeared earlier on Janpeace republished with edits and title change in lieu of content sharing agreement with smart4bharat.com
- Assam: Muslim youths abducted two minor Hindu girls and gang-raped them; one died - July 7, 2023
- Kerala YouTuber arrested for protesting against Muslim restaurant owner for using Hindu religious symbols for duping Hindus - July 5, 2023
- TN police strangulate Free Press: Files FIR against Commune for reporting on Chidambaram Temple row - July 3, 2023